A Report on 21st ISTE State Annual Faculty Convention 2016 & National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Engineering” Jointly organized by: ISTE Gujarat Section & Tolani F. G. Polytechnic, Adipur 27th December 2016.
Tolani F. G. Polytechnic Adipur and ISTE Gujarat Section has jointly organized the 21st ISTE State Annual Faculty convention 2016 (Gujarat) & National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Engineering” at Tolani F.G. Polytechnic, Adipur on 27th December 2016. 231 delegates form academics and research registered for this convention.
The conference started with inaugural function by lighting of lamp, on this occasion Campus director Mrs. Anjana Hazari, President Gandhidham Collegiate Board, Shri L. H. Daryani, campus director; Prof. K. Venkateshwarlu, principal TFGP; Prof. K. M. Bhavsar, President ISTE Gujarat; Prof Nikul Patel, Hon. Secretary Secretary cum treasurer ISTE Gujarat Section, Mr. Ramesh Maheshwari, MLA, Gandhidham were present. Principal Shri K Venkateswarlu welcomed the gathering and Prof R A Maheshwari, Organizing secretary(Convention) presented vote of thanks.
After inaugural Session, Paper presentation session of “National conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering” commenced in five parallel tracks namely Emerging Trends in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Engineering Education. Total 91 papers were accepted for presentation after thorough review from expert in respective field. Out of 72 papers, 13 papers in Mechanical engineering, 11 papers in Electrical engineering, 24 in computer engineering, 18 in Civil engineering were presented. Selected papers were published in conference e-proceedings. Session chair judged the best paper in each track. Expert Reviewer for different tracks were:
- Mechanical Engg : Prof. (Dr.) Pravin P. Rathod, I/C Principal GEC Bhuj,
- Electrical Engg : Prof. (Dr.) Pritesh Mankad Professor, Vice Principal, HJD Institute KERA, Bhuj – Kachchh,
- Computer Engg : Prof. Gaurang V. Lakhani, I/C HOD Computer Engg, Government Polytechnic, Bhuj,
- Civil Engg : Dr. Jayeshkumar S. Patel, Principal, Vadodara Institute of Engineering, Kotambi , Vadodara, Engineering Education,
- Civil Engg : Dr S K Dave HOD, Civil Engg, BBIT, Vallabh Vidyanagar.
ISTE Annual General Body meeting was also held during the day which was attended by SMC members and ISTE members.
- Program concluded with valedictory program at 5:00pm at AV Theater,Tolani F. G. Polytechnic, Adipur. Prof. K. Venkateshwarlu, Principal welcomed all delegates.
- Prof. Nikul Patel briefed about ISTE.
- Prof. L. H. Daryani, Campus Director, GCB, shared his views on the convention.
- Chief Guest of the function Prof Pratapsingh K. Desai, President ISTE New Delhi in his address emphasized the faculty role in betterment of students presented various opportunities for engineers in India in coming years.
- Participants shared their feedback and appreciated the hospitality provided by Institute.
- Session chairs were honoured by the institute during the function.
- Prof S. R. Pareek, Organising Secretary (Conference) presented the vote of thanks.
Section Management Committee-ISTE Student Chapter: SMC meeting was held after inaugural function and attended by all SMC members. Prof Pratapsingh K Desai, also present in the meeting.
Best Paper Presentation award were given to Authors whose papers were adjudged best by the session chair during the day. They were as follows :
- Civil Engg : Prof Nandan H. Dawda, Vadodara college of Engineering
- Mechanical Engg : Prof Yatrik C. Raja, Tolani F. G. Polytechnic
- Electrical Engineering, Prof. Brijal Mehta, Pandeet Deendayal Petroleum University
- Computer Engineering : Prof Ritesh H. Prajapati, Government Polytechnic, Bhuj
- Engineering Education : Prof. S. R. Pareek, Tolani F.G. Polytechnic, Adipur